The Rules – READ CAREFULLY
- Shoot what you bring (compound, recurve, barebow, NO CROSSBOWS, NO RIFLES, NO HANDGUNS, NO FIREARMS!)
- 60lb Draw Weight Limit – Bow greater than 60lbs in draw weight can damage the target bales.
- All archers will shoot a 5-spot or single spot NFAA style target (blue / white) on Saturday.
- Scoring is as follows: X counts as a 6, then the rest of the target is scored as 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
- All archers will shoot a 3-spot or single spot VEGAS/NFAA style target (multi-colored) on Sunday.
- Scoring is as follows: X counts as an 11, then the rest of the target is scored as 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
- Archers will switch shooting positions at the half. Top moves to bottom and bottom moves to top.
The LEGAL Stuff -Don’t do anything stupid and YES, you can wear jeans, or camo, or whatever. Just make it appropriate.
VERY IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER (AGAIN… VERY IMPORTANT) – Youth archers competing for prize money may affect their amateur status as a student athlete. It is important to understand the rules associated with prize money and information can be found at NCAA.org.
Divisions – There are five designated divisions for this event and all divisions with the exception of the Championship Open division are also separated by male and female. In the event that there is under five (5) male or five (5) female in a given division that division will be combined and there will be no gender separation. Those registered in the Championship Open division may NOT shoot in the Flight division as well.
Division Equipment Rules follow NFAA/Vegas
- Compound Open Male & Female
- Compound Bowhunter Male & Female
- Recurve Open Male & Female
- Recurve Traditional/Barebow Male & Female
- Championship/Pro Open
Division Shoot Time
- Flights will shoot at either Morning, Mid-Morning, or Afternoon Session.
- Championship Open shoot on Saturday/Sunday Morning, Mid-Morning, or Afternoon Sessions. 5 slots are reserved for each shooting time for a total of 15 archers in the Championship Open at this time. Archers competing in this division must be available on Sunday at conclusion of the Afternoon Session in the event of a tie to compete in a shoot-off to determine the winner.
- Morning Session starts at 700am, Mid-Morning Session starts at 1000am, Afternoon Session starts at 1pm
Format – The shoot is a two (2) day shoot consisting of two (2) different targets at the same distance of 18m each day.